REFINE can radically transform a broad range of new and old concrete floors through polished concrete and polishable overlays. By mechanically refining the already hard concrete surface through grinding, polishing, and chemical treatments, we can bring virtually any surface to a whole new level of beauty, functionality, and strength. With different specified processes, a flooring solution can be tailored to fit any requirement – aesthetics, floor flatness, color, gloss, and price.
Warehouses, industrial facilities, retailers, big-box stores, educational and medical facilities are choosing REFINE’s polished concrete services for their floor finish because of the competitive advantage polished flooring offers over other types of floor coverings. Decorative concrete in the form of polished floors has become the logical choice because of the great value it delivers, and because it can compete aesthetically as well.
Polished CONCRETE Floor Benefits:
- Cost savings: Using the slab on grade as the finished floor surface is more cost-effective, maintenance costs are lower
- Less maintenance and longer service life: Polished floors are easy to clean, requiring only occasional damp mopping. They also eliminate the need for messy waxes or coatings as well as the associated labor, time, and expense to apply them. The glossy surface of polished concrete resists the marks of forklift truck tires and staining from oil and chemical spills.
- Resistant to moisture transmission issues: Polished concrete allows the floor to breathe and eliminates issues that arise with other flooring materials that seal off the concrete, such as tile, etc.
- High light reflectivity: Important for office building floors, hotels, restaurants, and other public facilities that want to project a bright, clean, professional image. Also helpful in manufacturing, warehouse, and other industrial environments where the clean reflective quality of polished concrete can help boost morale and pride of place in employees. Also saves energy by reducing artificial lighting requirements
- Is a sustainable flooring alternative: Polished concrete does not require hazardous coatings, cleaners or adhesives
- Easy to clean: Won’t harbor dust, dirt, allergens
- Available in a wide variety of colors and designs
The Versatility of Polished Concrete
Because polishing is a multi-step process, owners can choose the level of sheen from satin to high-gloss that meets their maintenance and aesthetic requirements. This versatility makes polished concrete an ideal flooring solution for a variety of applications.
Check out our blog post for more details.