REFINE’s Concrete Foreman is responsible for the development, direction, coordination, evaluation, and production for a crew of 3-5 concrete workers and/or subcontractors. The Concrete Foreman works directly with the team, performing all required roles/tasks while directing, training, supervising, and ensuring quality control. Responsibilities also include assisting the Estimating and Sales Teams with bid formation and project planning, as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Supervise REFINE employees who perform concrete forming, rebar tying, placement, and finishing work to ensure safety, productivity, and efficient use of materials and equipment.
- Personally, perform concrete forming, placement, and finishing work.
- Coordinate, plan, and supervise the activities of sub-contractors.
- Prioritize and manage safety and quality expectations in the field.
- Read and interpret blueprints, plans, and diagrams to understand the layout and to determine the dimensions of the structure or form to be finished.
- Assist as needed in the development and submission of project bids
- Plans ahead to ensure that appropriate materials are on hand when needed.
- Ensure crew maintains a clean job site, picks up all tools and equipment, and secures job site each day to eliminate potential hazards and loss.
- Organizes, supervises, leads, and trains crew members to complete projects within established guidelines and time frames, on time and on budget.
- Assist in schedule development and effectively budget time to adhere to the schedule.
- Identifying potential change orders.
- Effectively communicates to Management any delays or emergencies at the job site; works with Management to resolve issues to comply with budget and schedule.
- Comply with all safety policies, procedures, and standards of safety.
- Maintains time and production records; detailed and accurate timesheets, with verified quantities included and detailed locations of work performed.
- Maintain a professional attitude with owners, inspectors, public, and company personnel.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred. Any vocational training is strongly desired.
- Proven, verifiable experience working as a Concrete Foreman
- A minimum of 6 years of concrete finishing experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend civil construction plans, structural plans, and specifications.
- Knowledgeable in commercial/residential concrete procedures, practices, equipment, and testing.
- Able to safely and professionally operate a wide range of concrete-related equipment and tools; skid steer, excavator, compactor, truck, and trailer, concrete saws/drills, etc.
- ACI Concrete Certifications are beneficial but not required.
- Display a willing attitude to learn continuously.
- Possess a strong sense of personal responsibility.
- Excellent management and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Focus on working safely near equipment, co-workers, and surroundings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Valid Texas driver’s license and reliable transportation to get to and from work.
- Must have a strong desire and talent for job site cleanliness, equipment, and trailer organization as well as a constant understanding of equipment and inventory levels
- Must be able to pass a police background check
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must have the ability to drive and park a work-truck and construction trailer combination
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the company yard each day
- Able and willing to work long hours, including day, night, weekend shifts as needed, and work outside of regular hours.
- Able to walk, lift, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, crouch, and lift to 50 pounds frequently.
- Able to work in outside environments being subjected to weather changes, noise, vibrations, and job hazards.
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com