Polished Concrete Houston | The Benefits
October 28, 2017
All over Houston, and the surrounding area, real estate owners, managers, developers, retailers, big-box stores, educational and medical facilities are choosing REFINE’s Polished Concrete for their floor finish. The competitive advantage polished concrete flooring offers over other types of floor coverings is compelling. Decorative concrete, in the form of polished floors, has become the logical choice because of the great value it delivers, and because it can compete aesthetically as well. Polished Concrete floors are beautiful. Another motivator for the increased interest for Polished Concrete in Houston is recent flooding events. Property Owners and Managers are seeing the value in not having to repeatedly replace carpet, wood and other flood damaged flooring when they’re using the existing slab as their polished concrete floor.
Commercial and Retail Polished Concrete Floor Benefits
- Cost savings: Using the slab on grade as the finished floor surface is more cost effective and maintenance costs are lower
- Less maintenance and longer service life: REFINE’s Polished floors are easy to clean, requiring only occasional damp mopping with a PH neutral cleaner. For larger spaces the use of an auto-scrubber does the trick. Polished Concrete floors also eliminate the need for messy waxes or coatings and the associated labor, time, and expense to apply them. The glossy surface of REFINE’s polished concrete resists the marks of forklift truck tires and staining from oil and chemical spills.
- Resistant to moisture transmission issues: Polished concrete allows the floor to breathe and eliminates issues that arise with other flooring materials that seal off the concrete, such as tile, etc.
- High light reflectivity: Important for office building floors, hotels, restaurants, and other public facilities that want to project a bright, clean, professional image. Polished Concrete saves energy by reducing artificial lighting requirements and increases morale and well-being of employees where previously dark or dirty floors were present.
- Is a sustainable flooring alternative: Polished concrete does not require hazardous coatings, cleaners or adhesives and is LEED approved.
- Cost savings: Traditional floor covering materials are not necessary when the slab on grade is used as the finished floor surface
- Longer life-cycle savings: Polished concrete floors are not as vulnerable to damage as other materials and do not need replacing like carpet and wood after flooding
- Easy to clean: Won’t harbor dust, dirt, allergens
- Available in wide variety of colors and designs
Because polishing is a multi-step process, owners can choose the level of sheen from stain to high-gloss that meets their maintenance and aesthetic requirements. This versatility makes polished concrete an ideal flooring material for a variety of applications.
The most common places polished concrete is used include:
- Large warehouses and warehouse outlets
- Retail stores
- Hotels and restaurants
- Schools and medical facilities
- Office buildings
- Auto showrooms
- Private residences
REFINE Concrete Services offers a comprehensive consultation service to help you decide on every element of your polished concrete flooring project from level of sheen, to color, budget and schedule. Call 281-882-3098 anytime to discuss your project.
< Back to the Blog